'Every language is a world';
translation is what helps us cross the borders.
- Elin Isvind
Eng-Swe translator, proofreader, editor. 2013-present
Active Independent Linguist for
Localization Agencies in Norway, Latvia,
Ireland, Italy, Spain.
Volunteer Eng-Swe translator. 2013-present
for Global Voices (please see link in 'About me' section)
Linnaeus University. Växjö, Sweden. 2011-2013
Majors: History, Gender Studies. 82,5 ECTS credits.
Augsburg College. Minnesota, USA. 2008-2011
Major: History [Major GPA: 3.5]. Equiv. of 135 ECTS credits.
Umeå University. Umeå, Sweden. 2006-2008
Majors: History, Archaeology. 30 ECTS credits.
• English proficiency: native-tongue fluency.
• Familiar with translation and localization software.
Preferred CAT tools: SDL Trados Studio 2011, MemoQ,
Alchemy Catalyst 9.0.
• Skilled user of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Have experience creating and managing Term Bases
and Style Guides for specific projects and clients.
• Familiar with additional linguistic and administrative duties as the Primary Editor for Eng-Swe projects for one of my clients.
• Experienced with QA tools; I primarily use
• Skilled at academic research and writing, including various academic standards of formatting.
• Have experience researching and handling primary source materials.
• Active participation in non-profit organizations; Motala Kvinnojour [Motala Women’s Shelter], volunteer; and Revanschteatern [‘The Revenge Theater’], member of the stage design crew.
Sofia-Maria Lundberg Karlsson
English to Swedish translator, proofreader, and editor.
Self-employed, full-time freelancer since 2013.
VAT-registered and approved for F-tax (Sweden).
Copyright © 2017 Sofia-Maria Lundberg Karlsson. All rights reserved.